Corsair student-athletes continue to excel in competition, in the classroom and in the community as vibrant leaders on campus. By honoring our storied past, building upon our successful present and touching our incredibly bright future, UMass Dartmouth student-athletes make the grade each and every day through hard work, due diligence and an unwavering drive that has produced championship results in so many areas.
The Corsair highlight reel is filled with stories of success that instill pride throughout the University. Among those shining moments from the recently completed fall season are:
- Men’s Cross Country finishing second in the Little East Championships and having three student-athletes earn all-conference honors, including 2018 Rookie of the Year Carlos Rivera ‘22
- Women’s Tennis claiming its 11th straight Little East post-season berth and reaching double-digits in the win column for the sixth time in the last seven years
- Golf standout Tom Sheran ’19 capturing the 2018 Great Northeast Athletic Conference individual medalist title and earning league Player of the Year honors for the second time in his career
- Women’s Soccer earning its eighth straight trip to the Little East championships
- 19 fall sport student-athletes earning all-conference accolades, including 2018 MASCAC Football Offensive Lineman of the Year Antonio Mitjans ‘19
- Women’s Soccer tri-captain Kayla Loycano ’19 and Football all-conference standout Jacob Burkhead ’21 both earning Google Cloud Academic All-District honors from the College Sports Information Directors of America
- Equestrian standout Kayleigh Sauyet ’21 qualifying for the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association Regional Championships
Those successes are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the many exciting events taking place in the world of Corsair Athletics. The UMass Dartmouth Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, under the leadership of Head Ice Hockey Coach Erik Noack, continues to make a difference in the community. The Department’s new Faculty Athletics Representative, Dr. Steven White, is fostering academic growth and achievement that is leading to amazing co-curricular experiences across campus. The spirit of unity, growth, development and opportunity is making a strong foothold, and your support of the mission of Corsair Athletics can help create more success stories each and every day.